As a Husky owner, you are aware of the value of taking them for a walk every day. Having a reliable leash for Husky is crucial to ensure their safety.
We have chosen our number of best leashes for huskies. After breaking several leashes in the testing process.
A Quick Look at Our 3 Top Picks for the Best Leashes For Husky
- MayPaw Durable Nylon Rope Dog Leash: The top leash is available in more than 20 colors, made from strong nylon rope with soft foam padded handle.
- TUG 360° Strong Nylon Retractable Leash: Made from a strong plastic casing and rigid hardware, this retractable leash is available in 4 sizes and 7 colors.
- PetSafe Affordable Nylon Dog Leash: An affordable yet durable option, this nylon leash beginner friendly and easy to use.
May Also Like: 10 Best Leashes For Dog Lovers
Short on time, here is a comprehensive table of our best picks along with features and compared ratings.
|Top Feature||Brand||Price||Size | Dimensions||Type||Rating|
|Best Overall||MayPaw Durable Nylon Rope Dog Leash||$||6-feet Long | 1/4 inches Wide||Rope Dog Leash||A+|
|Tangle Free Leash||TUG 360° Strong Nylon Retractable Leash||$$$||16-feet Long | 8 x 2 x 6 inches||Retractable Leash||A|
|Affordable||PetSafe Affordable Nylon Dog Leash||$||6-feet Long | 3/4 inches Wide||Nylon Leash||B+|
|Extra Long Leash||Leashboss Long Trainer Nylon Leash||$$$$||30-feet Long | 1 inch Wide||Extra Long Leash||B+|
|Adjustable Waist Belt||SparklyPets Hands-Free Nylon Dog Leash||$$$||5-feet Long | 4.5 x 1 x 5.5 inches||Hands-Free Dog Leash||B|
To meet the majority of the concerns, we have compiled a list of the best husky leashes based on design, durability, and safety features.
1. MayPaw Durable Nylon Rope Dog Leash
A husky is a part of the family. The last thing you want is to lose him off-leash. Keep your husky close and safe with this heavy-duty rope dog leash.
Made of nylon climbing rope, MayPaw Rope Leash is the best leash for a husky, the leash is extremely durable and sturdy. Having a soft padded handle that gives your hands a comfortable grip and won’t hurt during hectic hiking trips or long husky training sessions.
6feet is the suitable length to give your dog some freedom without compromising on control, it’s easy to maintain and wash.
This leash for your husky has a strong swivel clip, it is plated to overcome rust and moisture. The connector can rotate 360° so that the rope won’t tangle along the legs of the canine.
Giving the opportunity to choose from 25 different colors with an amazing polka dot design, the MayPaw Nylon Rope Dog Leash is the most versatile and trusted leash for a husky.
- Rope leash made from climbing rope.
- Available in 25 colors with a beautiful design.
- 6 feet leash for better control in crowded places.
- Padded handle for superior grip and comfort.
- Reasonably priced leash for a husky.
- Not a 100% chew-resistant leash.
2. TUG 360° Strong Nylon Retractable Leash
TUG 360° is a heavy-duty retractable leash with outstanding performance and practical features. Made from strong and durable materials, it is resistant to corrosion, fading, and UV light. It also holds up well in extreme weather conditions.
The 360° rotation clasp is known for its strong connection with any dog collar or harness. The dog leash was made to last with a quick lock and unlock feature with a button. Its ergonomically designed anti-slip handle helps keep your hand from slipping when you’re on the go.
The retraction mechanism in this leash is smooth which means you can adjust the length of the leash in seconds to achieve the perfect fit.
Use the quick lock and unlock feature operated with a button to make adjustments when needed. The TUG 360° dog leash is portable and easy to store.
It is the most practical leash for your husky as it is available in large, small, and medium sizes with a variety of colors to choose from.
- Has strong nylon tape.
- Durable rust-resistant swivel clasp.
- Choice of different sizes and colors.
- Adjustable length through a quick retraction system.
- Grippy and comfortable handle.
- Nylon tape is not at all chew-proof
- Retractable leashes may encourage pulling
3. PetSafe Affordable Nylon Dog Leash
On a budget and looking for a suitable leash for training a husky puppy? PetSafe has an affordable leash that is durable. Having a traditional design and has a soft touch to it.
PetSafe Nylon Leashes are perfect for any active huskies, making them ideal for training. Featuring a non-slip handle, this durable leash is easy to handle.
It’s easy on and off clip pairs with most of the dogs’ harnesses and collars. The integrated nylon tether secures with a breakaway clasp to keep your dog safe.
A comfortable handle reduces arm fatigue while walking your pet in an increasingly active world. However, the handle is not padded.
PetSafe Nylon Leashes are available in multiple sizes and bright colors making it easy for any husky owner to find the right leash to keep their pup.
- A durable and affordable nylon leash.
- The clasp is metal-plated and strong.
- The leash is lightweight with secure stitching.
- Choose from 7 bright colors, royal blue is the classiest.
- The handle is not padded with foam.
- Not for large huskies.
- Would fray upon dog chewing.
4. Leashboss Long Trainer Nylon Leash
Leashboss Long Trainer is great for off-leash training your husky. Using this product, one can easily extend it and let your dog walk freely without having to worry about it being lost.
It has a handle that is comfortable. However, it would be better to add an additional layer of padding on the handle.
Designed for high performance this nylon leash is designed to resist fray and tear, these leashes are outfitted with tough bold snap clips.
The strong metal clips ensure maximum holding power even when the leash is stretched to its full length. Available in a variety of colors and lengths to match your needs.
Featuring a unique loop coil system that helps in managing this extra-long leash with ease. The rigid metal clip provides additional strength and durability to the leash when in use.
- Long trainer leash for off-leash training.
- Made from strong nylon tape.
- Available in multiple sizes and black or orange colors.
- The metal clip provides a strong connection with most dog collars.
- Assembled in the USA with 5 years warranty.
- The handle is not padded.
- It does not have reflective webbing.
- Not a leash to use in crowded places.
5. SparklyPets Hands-Free Nylon Dog Leash
This leash lets you take your dog for a run comfortably, thanks to its hands-free design.
Made from high-quality nylon to resist damage and fade, this leash is durable and safe. With 8 bright colors. This hands-free leash blends functionality with style for enhanced appeal.
The stainless-steel clasps are designed to take the tension off plastic buckle, so it won’t slip off during use. The nylon material used in this leash is very soft and comfortable and the flexible bungee is there to resist pulling any active canine.
It has an adjustable belt that can fit most of the waist sizes and can also be reduced to a handle for use as a hand-held leash.
Ideal for running and doing some cardio with your husky, this leash can be used as hands-free as well as a hand-on leash for added convenience.
- A hand-free leash with shock-absorbing bungee.
- The nylon used is durable with reinforced stitching.
- Can be used as a hand-held leash as well.
- Has reflective stitching for nighttime visibility.
- Traffic handle is added to impose rapid control when needed.
- Not for small dogs and puppies.
- Does not have a pocket to carry treats and poop bags.
- The plastic buckle seems vulnerable.
- Should not be used with an untrained husky.
Buyer’s Guide | Get the best leash for Your husky
Getting the most recent information and doing the research before jumping to purchase is quite important. Due to the abundance of information and hundreds of options, people often get confused.
As we have just gone through the reviews, you would have got an idea of what are the most suitable leashes for your husky.
Features to look for in the best leashes for a husky
Here are some important factors that one should look for in the best leash for a husky and make the most appropriate decision.
- Appropriate Length and width: The overall size of the leash is aligned with the age and weight of your husky. Neglecting the size often results in disappointment and waste of money. Moreover, for a full-grown husky, a 6 feet leash is appropriate and for a pup, 4 feet leash would be more than enough. To be on the safer side, you can also get a retractable leash that will adapt in length as your husky grows.
- Comfortable handle: As the husky will be tied to the leash almost all the time, you cannot afford to overlook comfort. Reportedly most leashes break from the handle that is due to poor quality stitching and the use of low-quality material. Having a handle that is double stitched enhances durability, while padding with foam overcomes hand burns and keeps the long walks pleasant. It will also neutralize dog pulling and skin chafing.
- Durable hardware: The most important feature of a good leash for a husky is the strength of rivets and the metals used. Also, consider a leash made from durable material and have quality stitching. Although compromising on the leash hardware may save a few dollars but it is not cost-effective. A low-quality leash is likely to fray upon light chewing and can break if your husky pulls on the leash too often. You may have to buy a new leash again if durability is overlooked.
- Secure carabiner or bolt clip: There is no argument the clasp that connects the leash with the dog collar is also important as it ensures that your husky won’t break free. For a dog that twists and pulls on the leash, this may cause the clasp to open. So, getting a leash with a screw lock clip is a good option, as it has a locking system that can prevent the dog from getting free by breaking the leash.
- Reflective webbing: Going for a walk after dinner with your husky is a soothing activity. However, it is better to be cautious and have a leash with prominent bright color with reflective nylon webbing for better visibility in low light conditions.
- Affordable prices: Keeping a dog and looking after all his necessities can be a hefty process. There is no need to spend too much on a leash for your husky, all the listed leashes are shortlisted on many factors one of which is affordability without compromising on quality.
Read More: 7 Best Harnesses for Huskies in 2022
Types of Leashes Best for a Husky
All leashes are not created equal, some are made with special features and to serve different purposes. The type of leash best for a husky is a matter of opinion, some owners like to have strong nylon leashes other prefer a retractable leash for their husky.
A Retractable leash
They have a retraction mechanism that allows you to adjust the length of the leash and lock it at the desired length. Having a swivel clip avoids slack and is helpful if the leash gets tangled.
Husky being a middle-sized active dog are full of energy, and quickly runs back and forward. A retractable leash automatically adjusts to avoid any sort of discomfort. With an ergonomically designed handle that is comfortable to hold, retractable leashes are the preferred option for long dog walking sessions. Besides all the benefits, it has thin nylon tape and is usually expensive.
Shock absorbing bungee leash
Having a new innovative design, the bungee leash is one of the most popular leashes out there. A bungee leash is normal nylon or rope leash with an elastic bungee upfront. Being an ideal choice if your dog pulls a lot, these leashes reduce the intensity of shocks on the body and arms while teaching your husky to stop pulling.
Having the simplest design, they are the widely used type of dog leash. Standard dog leashes are made from nylon that is either braided in rope or flat nylon tape. Choose a nylon leash for your husky that has a sturdy footprint with double stitching.
Being strong and affordable, standard leashes are perfect for puppy training and for everyday activities. These leashes are not for heavy pullers or may tangle around a dog’s feet.
As the name states, the best hands-free leash give you the ability to walk your husky without grabbing the leash with your hands. It has an adjustable belt usually up to 48inhes, this belt can be used in multiple settings. Around the waist and over the shoulder are the most common settings for a hands-free dog leash. Some hands-free leashes also come with an elastic bungee.
It may seem difficult to use a hands-free leash in the beginning but with proper training, this issue can easily be resolved. However, it is not a training leash and is not recommended to use with huskies that are not leash trained.
Final Thoughts | Best Leash for A Husky
It is not that simple to get the best leash for a husky. The leash is an essential dog accessory that is related to pet safety and grooming. There are a lot of options and people usually get overwhelmed that is why we thought narrowing them will be perfect.
The best one is MayPaw Heavy Duty Rope Dog Leash, it has sturdy hardware with a thick nylon rope as the leash. Available in dozens of different colors, freely choose the one that suits your husky. Having a padded handle gives it an edge over many and improves the comfort that it gives while dog walking.